4.28.2006

As inspired by elphaba09, I want to talk about several people that've made a huge impact on my life, tell them things I can't to their face and so on. Of course, once I found out this was a "popular" "game," I immediately had to change the idea. So, I'll write about one person now, the others later and no one gets to guess. Well, I suppose you can guess, but I'm not going to tell you. Ever. You'll have to deal. If they're obvious, I suppose you'll have to deal with that as well.

So, I present, in no particular order:

To Whom it May Concern: Open Letters Part 1 of 1

Never would I have imagined a friend as openly male as you.

In high school, I opposed the idea of masculinity, or at least what I perceived as forced masculinity, as a rational manner of behavior. You have proven me wrong. Not only is your behavior rational, it's admirable.

Despite your impermeable projection of emotional infallibility, emotion and caring seep through your actions and speech, engaging my attention, respect, admiration. The fact that I know you on a surface level in terms of personal depth doesn't stop me from sharing the stereotypical "guy" banter, ever aware of your responses, mentally taking note of any would-be advice.

Your talents, aspirations permeate your empirical being, casting a brilliance on anyone lucky enough to find themselves in your vicinity, casting a shadow on the fringe sitters. It doesn't matter. Anyone who chooses to know you is well aware of the false security in shadows, fully aware that your genuine attitude makes the day a little more tolerable.

I plan to know you on a deeper level, a level of greater understanding and attainability; I anxiously anticipate the opportunity.

No comments: