on most everything
I figured my 100th post should be something special, crazy, different or otherwise notable. For this reason, I'm going to do a stereotypical blog survey ala me. Enjoy(?).
yeah, right...we'll see about that
Not as easy as you might think...
1. Yourself: see "Myself" to the right
2. Your girlfriend: Are we talking ideally? I suppose the answer, in short, is "none." But is that really what the question is asking? Am I supposed to describe the person I would hope to one day call "girlfriend?" Bah.
3. Your hair: annoyingly wavy, thinish in places, lacking in style
4. Your mother is: beyond description
5. Your father is: Essentially? A sperm donor.
6. Your favorite item: When did this become a Role Playing Game. I guess my answer would be the +5 mace of agility.
7. Your dream last night: I was fired from the Decaturian for being too controversial. I'm an egoist.
8. Your favorite drink: A firm tie between Canada Dry and a good sweet tea.
9. Your dream car: a limousine and a chauffeur
10. The room you are in: I can't approprioately answer this question. I'm doing this survey over a long period of time. The room I'm in changes depending on the day. Currently, I'm in the Honor's office. That's good enough, I suppose.
11. You(')r(e) Ex:troverted?
12. Your fear: Removing myself from a comfortable, if boring, situation i.e. risking contentment for the possibility of greater happiness. Also, spiders.
13. What you want to be in 10 years: on my way to being rich and hated
14. Who you hung out with last night: [excellent grammar] Ryan Bael
15. What you're not: easily likeable, easy to get to know, honest (to people I don't know), self-confident (around people I do know), famous, a rock-climer, etc.
16. (two) Muffins: are in a pan. One says to the other, "It's hot in here." The other says, "OH MY GOD! A talking muffin!"
17: One of your wish list items: absolute truth
18: Time: is an essential human construct.
19. The last thing you did: question 18
20. What you are wearing: ...pervert
21. Your favorite weather: none at all, thank you
22. Your favorite book: "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand
23. The last thing you ate: a questionable burger from GOHFFDF
24. Your life: remains partially a mystery.
25. Your mood: delightfully melancholy
26. Your best friend(s): are too numerous to list on a blog survey
27. What are you thinking about right now?: The fact that I'm sitting in the Dec office at 4:25 A.M. "studying" for Shakespeare...which means this will be my last all-nighter as an undergrad at Millikin University. Bitter sweet, James.
28. Your car: pepe
29. What are you doing at the moment?: thinking about how one actually spells "pepe"
30. Your summer: is an uncharted island of mystery and deceit.
31. Your relationship status: I suppose that the question wants me to say "single," but I feel compelled to provide further information. Yes, I am single, but I'm also not actively looking (or planning to actively look or planning to plan to actively look, etc.) any time in the near future or far off future or ever. Probably. As DFS often professes, I will, more likely than not, end up alone living in a remote region of the country wondering what my life would have been had I cared about what people thought of me.
32. What is on your TV?: probably a reflection of my window
33. What is the weather like?: eh
Can / Did / Do / Does / Have / How / Last / What / Who
Can you blow a bubble? What kind of bubble? I can blow a bubble with gum.
Can you dance? Am I physically able? Yes. Do I ever have the urge? Never.
Can you do a cart wheel? Nor would you want me to.
Can you tie a cherry stem with your tongue? I've never tried.
Can you touch your toes? Both when standing and sitting.
Can you whistle? It's awful to listen to, but yes, I can whistle.
Can you wiggle your ears? With my fingers.
Can you wiggle your nose? With my fingers.
these questions suck...
Did you ever get in a fight at school? Yesish. I was in the sixth grade. Standing outside the middle school one day, waiting for a bus to carry me away from the pit of eternal suffering that the administration called a "school," a much older student, probably high school age, decided to verbally abuse me. Being a much sassier person than I am now--can you even imagine?--I returned his verbal joust with a verbal roundhouse kick to the face (brain). The older student, unamused by the rhetorical spanking at the hands of a mere "child," decided to would attack me in the other way humans communicate. He slowly backed me agains the school, all the while assuring me that the "beating up" I was about to experience would be one of which my mind would never erase. As his grimy fist soared toward my face in a manner not so stereotypical as one might be led to believe by movies, I thought, "There's really no need to accept this type of abuse, and to complain to an official would just lead to greater restrictions in student interactions." (I hated "the man" even more at that point in my life.) So, in the spirit of non-violence, I moved my head enough so that his fist avoided contact with my nose and instead proceeded directly at the brick wall behind me. He broke several fingers. I never "fought" with anyone again.
Did you ever run away from home? I often threatened to call child services, but my mother would quickly reply, "Go ahead. Livining in a foster home is a wonderful experience."
Did you ever want to be a doctor? Yes, then I realized I hated blood. Thank you(?), AJE.
Did you ever want to be a fire fighter? never
Do you believe in God? lowercase "g"
Do you know how to swim? No. I almost drowned once. That cured me of ever wanting to swim. I was at a campground in Indiana. We were wading in the lake, having a jolly good time. I was laughly raucously at a friends quip, and at the very end of my chuckle, mere microseconds before I was supposed to take a huge gasp of air to compliment the laughter, a friend decided to dunk me and hold my head underwater. The sensation was quite unpleasent, and I haven't gone near water since.
Do you like roller coasters? Surprisingly, yes.
Do you own a bike? it's collecting dust somewhere
Does hair loss run in your family at all? Since hairloss comes from your mother's side of the family, I would have to say yes. Both my grandfather and mother deal with the problem. I'm not worried. As I stated, I don't care what people think of me, especially my appearance.
Does your family have family picnics? We don't like each other enough to interact.
Have you even been on a plane? Never. Thank god.
Have you ever asked someone out? Interestingly, a tough question. I suppose the "out" to which the question refers would require me to answer no. I'll leave it at that. Ask me sometime if you really care to know. (BTW: That's a general rule for my life. I'm pretty open if people take the time to ask...yeah...)
Have you ever been asked out by someone? In high school. Alas, I was too naive to realize it. (Another good story not suitable for das blog.)
Have you ever been to the ocean? "Hated it."
Have you ever gone fishing? Yes. I like boats. I hate swimming (remember?).
How did you find out about myspace? A story in the news about child predators.
How many people are on your friends list? Infinity
How many of them have you met in person? As many as I need to.
How many times has your profile been visited? I'm sick of these questions already.
How much money do you have on you right now? $18.07
Last person you hung out with? JSR...studying for Klotz.
Last thing you said out loud? Indeed.
Last thing someone said to you? Oh my God.
What are you listening to? The sound of the keys clacking beneath my fingers.
What is the temperature outside? It doesn't matter since I'm in the Dec office which has no windows or connections to the outside world.
What radio station do you listen to? 1340 AM or 890 AM
what was the last restaurant you ate at? Mi Pueblito
What was the last thing you bought? Items to finish my JMS project, a picture frame and a card.
What was the last thing you had to drink? Surprisingly, a Diet Coke. It was the only thing left to drink in the Dec office.
Who is your newest friend added to your MySpace? I'm tired of these MySpace questions. I don't have a MySpace. I don't plan on getting a MySpace. MySpace and go die in a fire for all I care...More like Everyone'sSpace. Horrible.
Who was the last person who IMed you? HYW
Who have you talked to on the phone with last? JD
1. Who was your first homecoming date?
I never went to homecoming, but I almost had a date. Again...the Internet is evil for such stories.
2. Who was your first roommate?
DFS, the once and future king
3. When was your first detention?
I never had a detention, but I was threatened several times, the most famous of which happened my sophomore year of high school. I kept correcting my speech teacher for mispronouncing words like "monstrocity" (she should say "monster-i-city) and she threatened to give me a detention if I didn't stop. I said, "I'll stop when you are competent." She didn't like that. We got into an argument and she threw me out of class. I refused to leave because I was right. So, she took a poll of the class to see who was right. I won. I stayed.
4. What was your first job?
I wrote political commentary for the Lone Tree Leader.
5. What was your first car?
6. When did you go to your first funeral?
Long before I could remember
7. who was your first kiss?
one shouldn't kiss and tell, hmm?
8. Who was your first grade school teacher?
Not that anyone reading this would care, but it was Ms. Weber.
9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?
This question assumes I've been on an airplane. It assumed incorrectly. Horrible.
10. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with and how old were you?
I never needed to sneak out of the house because I didn't have a curfew. I was able to leave and reenter at my leisure.
11. Who was your first best friend and are you still friends with them?
12. Where was your first sleepover?
I don't rightly recall...probably at my aunt's house.
13. Who is the first person you talk to in the morning?
Myself. I have a horrible habit of talking to and answering myself if I think I'm alone.
14. Whose wedding were you in the first time?
My aunt's when I was two.
15. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Ponder going back to bed.
16. What was the first concert you ever went to?
17. First tattoo or piercing?
I don't partake in such fun.
18. First celebrity crush?
Hands down: Ann Coulter.
19. What grade were u in when u had your first crush?
20. First TRUE love?
Is this an appropriate questions to ask in such a survey? Why not: AJE.
21. What alcoholic beverage did you first drink?
A vodka and cranberry at age 9 (I believe). My mother used to drink them. She used to mix a glass of vodka and a splash of cranberry, just enough to make it red. Well, I came home from T-Ball (yes, T-Ball) and I was quite thirsty. The first thing I saw was a glass of "cranberry" juice on the table. I downed it.
22. Who was your first...ya know?
My first co-editor-in-chief was BRT. Thanks for asking.
23.What was your first pet?
Leonardo, the turtle
24. What was the first state you moved to?
I have lived my entire life in the pitiful state of Illinois.
25. What was the first word you said when you were a baby?
I said, "Bottle." Not ba-ba. Not boddle. Bottle.
....still going.... (oh boy, how exciting)
1. NAME ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
I have no scars.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
Lots of tape.
3. WHAT DOES YOUR MOBILE PHONE LOOK LIKE?
It's think, black and flips.
4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
Whatever music happens to be playing.
5. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT DESKTOP PICTURE?
DFS using the Washington Monument as a toothpick.
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
It's "who," actually.
8. WHAT TIME WERE YOU BORN?
Turns out, I was little at the time. I don't rightly remember.
10.WHAT ENDED YOUR LAST RELATIONSHIP?
I'll let you know what I have a "last relationship."
11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
I am more scared of the dark than of spiders, mainly because the dark represents the unknown.
12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
The kind that I get for free from people.
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
15. DO YOU LIKE PAINKILLERS?
Only if you're talking about living ones.
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
A magic pill that would solve all of my problems while also tasting of gyros.
19. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
I suppose it was DFS, but I could probably guess AJE and be correct. Or at least think I'm correct.
20. DO YOU SPEAK ANOTHER LANGUAGE?
According to Millikin, I speak Spanish. I also speak "polite" French.
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU?
22. DO U LIKE SOMEONE?
Of course. I'm human, contrary to popular belief.
23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
I don't suppose I am.
24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
Whatever I happen to find at my temple, Wal-Mart.
25. WHAT'S YOUR DREAM CAR?
A limo with driver
27. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MARRIAGE?
I believe, with all of my heart and soul, knowing that I could be wrong and look foolish in front of all six people that read my rants, that marriage, as an institute, exists.
28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
Of course. I am human, contrary to popular belief.
29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
Arts and crafts time: Make them a cheesy picture frame.
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
Cowards way out: A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL MOST OFTEN?
33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
Feeling like I'm obligated to answer these inane questions to the best of my ability while also knowing I will fail Shakespeare if I don't study.
34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE US?
No, and I don't care to. Screw you hippies that think I can't have an opinion about my country without traveling outside of it.
35. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
I could attach a document(?).
36. WHAT WAS THE LAST GIFT YOU RECEIVED?
37. FIRST JOB?
Isn't this a repeat. Couldn't they come with unique questions? It's not terribly difficult. Instead, they might have asked, "Who's your favorite actor?" and I would have said "Kevin Spacey."
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
39. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED THIS OUT?
Studying for Shakespeare
40. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE?
41. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN IN LOVE?
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
My ability to combine humor and intelligence.
43. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
Celebrate on the inside but damn "the man" for taking too many liberties with our liberties.
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
Good grades on my first grad school finals.
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
One or two
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My middle name is my grandfather's first name, but otherwise I was named Daniel because my mother liked the name. She hasn't called me that since birth.
47. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
Only if the star wishes on me first.
48. WHICH FINGER[S] IS YOUR FAVORITE?
49. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
In the car the other day, listening to a CD.
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I do, but no one else can read it.
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE VEGETABLE?
Corn, corn, corn.
52. ANY BAD HABITS?
My life is comprised of "bad habits," as determined by the society in which I live.
53. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Probably not. I seriously don't understand how I have friends now.
55. HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL?
Of course. I am human, contrary to popular belief.
56. DO LOOKS MATTER
I once thought they didn't. Then I thought the did. Now I'm leaning back to my original thoughts.
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE YOUR ANGER?
By not talking to people.
58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
James Millikin University
59. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY?
No, and neither should anyone else.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
The My Pet Monster I carried around all friggin' day.
61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
Fewer than AJE.
62. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
64. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT?
Is that like a bottemless pit, because if it is, then no.
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
Newman, Daniel T., Dan
67. WHAT IS THE MOST PAIN YOU HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED?
Physical pain: My fractured elbow. Emotional pain: Toss up between witnessing my grandmother's behavior over the last 8 years and one Thursday in September.
68. DO YOU UN-TIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
69. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU SPILLED?
71.WHAT'S THE LAST FURRY THING YOU TOUCHED?
A stuffed bunny
72.WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLORS?
blue, black, white
73. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE BANDS/SINGERS?
The Real Group, New York Voices, Queen
74. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE?
All of them. I'm one smart dude.
75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
76. WHO ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
77. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Angel food cake with cool hhhwhip and strawberries.
78.LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
79.WHATS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Whether or not they can partake in conversation.
80.FAVORITE THOUGHT PROVOKING SONG?
81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE:
Liberals, spiders, liberal spiders
82. FAVORITE DRINK:
Authentic sweet tea
83.FAVORITE ZODIAC SIGN:
84.WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT?
Does poker count? If not, badminton.
85.WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
Darkish brown/lightish black
I have a half brother, Josh.
90.DO YOU LIKE SUSHI?
I pretty much love it.
91.LAST THING YOU WATCHED?
The clock change to 5:26 AM
92.FAVOURITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
My mother's birthday
93.ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
I will not ask someone out.
94. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Fall and Spring
95.KISSES OR HUGS?
96.RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
I suppose relationships.
97.WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
98. WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
99. BIGGEST FEAR?
That I will never come to realize the potential people see in me.
100. IS ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU?
Depends on your definition of love.