1.18.2010

I'm not perfect.

Not yet.

That's no reason to be discouraged. In fact, it's a reason for encouragement and substantial hope--not the rhetorical hope(y)-change(y)-nonsense variety.

What would have devastated me for weeks or months now leaves me annoyed for minutes or hours. Soon: seconds or minutes. Later: infinite regression. Significant life improvement is necessarily impossible on an alter of sacrifice--an allowed knife-through-the-heart tends to kill the self in self-help.

When people ask me how I was able to better myself physically, I reply, "The self-esteem diet."

When people ask me how I was able to better myself mentally, I reply, "A philosophy of rational self-interest."

When people ask me how I was able to better myself spiritually, I often blink three times and return to whatever I was doing.

Selfishness is a virtue.

No comments: